Feb 15, 2013

Monolid Madness



Monolid Madness is a blog series I am starting that will focus on monolid makeup application (duh!  Can I state the obvious or what).  I am not an expert but I hope that the tips/tricks/information that I have gathered over the years will be helpful to some of you!  I'm also going to reinterpret beauty looks especially for us lucky ladies who have monolids.  There are tons of celebrities whose styles I admire, hundreds of beauty campaign pictures, and fashion show looks that I just love; however they are all done on Caucasian eyes...so Monolid Madness will focus on how to reinterpret the look so it has the same vibe but works for those without a crease.

This is something that is actually very near and dear to my heart.  I think makeup should be all about having fun and making yourself feel your best (both inside and out!), but I spent many of my younger years feeling frustrated, discouraged, and kind of left out.  I could always apply makeup to my double-lidded friends with ease, but struggled when it came to my own eye makeup.  I felt like I had to do the same straight-forward, thick eyeliner look all the time.  I didn't feel comfortable playing around with a lot of color or using lots of eyeshadow.  And the times I got my makeup done, the makeup artists would just whack on as much product as possible, covering my entire lid...defintiely not my favorite look.  Finally I realized that only I could figure this out because only I knew what I liked and what I wanted.  I decided to embrace my monolids, and in doing so I began to experiment more and become more comfortable (and have way more fun) applying eye make up.  Monolid and Proud!! (I hope some of you saw X-Men:First Class, because that might make the slogan much better)

I'm going to put up a Monolid Madness post every other Monday, because I have a fondness for alliteration.  I'm also thinking of filming the tutorials and putting them on YouTube.  I'm not quite sure I'm ready to show the world what a total goober I am, but I will post links when and if I do put anything up.  I hope that this series will be helpful for people struggling with their monolids, are bored with their everyday monolid look, or are just looking for some inspiration. 

I will have the first Monolid Madness post up this Monday.  In the meantime please let me know if there are any looks you'd like to see or if you have any questions about makeup for monolids.  Have any of you ever struggled with recreating a look you liked?  Do you have a particular look you find most flattering for monolids?

9 comments:

  1. New follower
    xoxo :)

    beautybeyondface.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! You're my first (haha) so you have a place in my heart forever :)

      Delete
  2. can't wait to see the monolid posts.
    thanks for following my blog.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - I'm excited to start posting them! Gotta give the monolids some love, right! Thanks for following!

      Delete
  3. Hi, Anna! Another new follower. My twenties are over so I need to learn to enhance my natural beauty to keep up with the competition ;) just a joke. Monolid and Proud myself! Keep up the great job on researching, experimenting, trying out all the products and posting for the rest of us. I've found you through Beautylish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lana! Thanks so much for following my blog and for your super sweet comment!!! You totally made my day :)

      Delete
    2. Not a problem, and I'm glad I did ;)

      Delete
  4. I remember when I first started makeup I had such issues with my oily monolids creasing all my looks! Oh, the struggles of having unique eyes! :)

    simplylinh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally feel you...I'm super thankful to whoever invented eye primer!!

      Delete