Feb 11, 2013

Face of The Day: Winging It




I usually wear pretty straightforward makeup during the week.  I try to enhance my features...basically all the "but-better" sayings - my lips but better, my skin but better - that what I tend to put my energy into on the daily.  I think that taking the time to perfect the no-makeup makeup look is totally worth it, because as much fun as makeup is I would like most people to think that I naturally wake up in the morning looking awesome.  And while I do believe in the saying, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"; in this case it may not be broke, but it sure can be boring!



As a true makeup junkie I have more products than are good for me, or really would be recommended for anyone, and I've decided to be a little more daring and creative this year.  Why buy bright-ass blue eyeshadow just to look at it?  Yes it's pretty.  Yes I can imagine a million and one ways of wearing it.  Yes it's just kinda cool to have.  BUT, in the end it's actually pointless unless I am truly enjoying it.

Enter my Face of The Day entry...which I plan to use to motivate me and help me chronicle my endeavors to become a little bolder, or at least develop more variety in my everyday looks.  I wish I was starting this off with more of a bang - like WHAM! In your FACE makeup - but babysteps people, babysteps.  I'm starting off easy with some winged liner and a slightly defined lid (as much as my little monolids will allow).


Face Products:

OC8 Professional Mattifying Gel (one Glossybox product that has actually entered my daily rotation)
Nars Pure Radiance Tinted Moisturizer in Alaska
Makeup Forever HD Foundation in 120
Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer in Light
Mac Brozer in Give Me Sun!
Benefit Dandelion Blush

I like to mix the Nars tinted moisturizer and the Makeup Forever HD foundation together.  The HD foundation is great but very matte and full coverage.   With the tinted moisturizer, which is also fantastic on it's own and I think I may write a full review of it soon, it becomes a little more sheer and glowy.  I use my hands to rub it into my skin and I really like how it looks for everyday.  I threw on some concealer under my eyes, did some light contouring with the Mac bronzer, and topped it all off with some blush on the apples of my cheeks.

Eye Products:

Lorac Pro Palette - Light Bronze (over the lid), Taupe (to define my crease), Sable (to define lower lash line)
Milani Eye Tech Extreme Liquid Eyeliner - Blackest Black
L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara - Black
Anastasia Brow Whiz in Medium Ash

I've recently become kind of obsessive about filling in my brows and I'm really enjoying the Anastasia Brow Whiz pencil.  It's way too easy for me to get really heavy-handed with my brows and the result is really really really not good.  The Brow Whiz pencil is the perfect consistency and is great for me because it makes it really hard to put too much product on.  The rest of the eyes are pretty straight forward.  I've also been really into my Lorac Pro Palette lately!  The colors are beautiful, the consistency is soooo nice and buttery, and I like the color payoff.

Lip Products:

Revlon Colorburst gloss in Peony

Just a quick swipe of this pretty peach/pink-ish, nude-y gloss (a definite my lips but better gloss for me!) and I was all set for the day.


...and the end result...


A slightly better look at the winged eyeliner

Let me know what you think, or if you have any suggestions for makeup looks/reviews/tutorials, etc!  I'd love to hear from you :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment